Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to £ 0.71 with our loyalty program. Your cart will total £ 0.71 that can be converted into a voucher.
WHAT IS FLAX SEED?
Flax Seed is a blue flowering plant that is grown on the Western Canadian Prairies for its oil rich seeds. This natural oil is highly recommended for the general well being and whole body nutrition and is considered to be nature's richest source of omega-3 fatty acids that are required for the health of almost all body systems.
Flax Seed Oil contains omega-6 and omega-9 essential fatty acids, B vitamins, potassium, lecithin, magnesium, fibre, protein, and zinc and also provides approximately 50% more omega-3 oils than what you could get from taking fish oil, minus that horrible fishy after taste.
Not all flax oil is organic. Ultimate Nutrition's Flax Seed Oil is ORGANIC and sourced within the UK. We buy in small batches to keep it fresh.
[NB: a lot of fish oil comes from Cod or Halibut which can be contaminated with Mercury. Also stocks of fish are being depleted so it is another small way of saving the planet by taking Flax Seed Oil]
Flax Seed Oil natures rich source of:
Seven Health promoting facts of Flax seed Flax oil, flax seed, and the omega-3 fatty acids they contain are good for your health. Here are some of the ways flax helps your body:
1. Flax promotes cardiovascular health. The ultra-high levels of omega-3 fatty acids lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. Fish oils and algae are also good sources of essential fatty acids. You can also find there is a difference between Fish Oil and Flax Seed Oil
2. Flax promotes colon health. It has anti-cancer properties and, as a natural lubricant and a rich fibre source, it lowers the risk of constipation.
3. Flax supplements can boost immunity. One study showed that school children supplemented with less than a teaspoon of flax oil a day had fewer and less severe respiratory infections than children not supplemented with flax oil.
4. Flax provides fats that are precursors for brain building. This is especially important at the stage of life when a child's brain grows the fastest, in utero and during infancy. A prudent mom should consider supplementing her diet with a daily tablespoon of flax oil during her pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
5. Flax promotes healthy skin. I have used flax oil as a dietary supplement in my clients daily regime who seem to have dry skin or eczema, or whose skin is particularly sun-sensitive.
6. Flax may lessen the severity of diabetes by stabilizing blood-sugar levels.
7. Flax can be slimming. Fats high in essential fatty acids, such as flax, increase the body's metabolic rate, helping to burn the excess, unhealthy fats in the body. Eating the right kind of fat gives you a better fighting chance of your body storing the right amount of fats. This is called Thermogenesis , a process in which specialized fat cells throughout the body (called brown fat) click into high gear and burn more fat when activated by essential fatty acids, especially gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). I have personally noticed that I crave less fat overall when I get enough of the healthy fats. A daily supplement of omega 3 fatty acids may be an important part of weight control programs.
Adult: Take 1-2 tablespoonfuls daily. Take 1 - 2 tablespoonfuls daily. Flaxseed oil is often used in a liquid form, which contains about 7g of ALA per 15ml tablespoonful.
Flaxseed oil may be added to a child's diet to help balance fatty acids.
Children (2 - 12 years): Ask your doctor to help you determine the right dose. One example is using 1 teaspoonful of fresh flaxseed oil for constipation.
Can be mixed into porridge (once cooked), into fruit juices, used as the oil for salad dressing.
Organic Flax Seed Oil
ALLERGENS - SEE INGREDIENTS IN BOLD